Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Introduction

Hi, I am Tyler.
I am the student minister at FBC in Lead Hill, AR. The population of Lead Hill is 273. Living in a small town is a lot different than living in a big city. For one, there is absolutely nothing to do! Life altogether runs differently in rural Arkansas. I set out to take what I see on a daily basis and apply it to my Christian walk. Sometimes this blog will be a place to vent about things I cannot understand, while others it will be keen observations on why small town life is the best.

I have learned that teenagers have an imagination that is limitless, when they use it. For this reason I have set out to share with y'all some of my experiences that I come across, and how they affect me and church life. But first I want to tell y'all a little about myself.

I am 24 and a graduate of Ouachita Baptist University in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. I grew up in Judsonia, Arkansas, a town with a population of around 1,800 but very spread out. January of 2013 I married my beautiful wife, Kelli (Caldwell) King. She grew up quite the opposite as I did, she is from the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. She lived in Roanoke, Texas with a population around 7,000 and a surrounding population in the hundred thousands. Needless to say we come from completely different backgrounds.

I have been the youth minister at FBC Lead Hill since January of 2012. Check out our AREA 13 web page or Facebook Page to check out what our student ministry is all about. My wife is a elementary music teacher and absolutely loves children.

I am excited to start blogging! As this is my first experience with blogging, all comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

I hope to share stories and stuff that helps people who live in small town America grow in faith and understand the mindset of life in a small town. I also hope to review books and movies that are helpful in my ministry to small town kids.

Thanks for reading and I hope you will come back!!
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment